Colorado Probate Lawyers
Our team assists in probate, trust litigation, and administration offering over 15 years of experience in guiding clients through the process while providing professional support.
"My experience with Baker Law Group has been nothing short of exceptional"
"I have referred other people to you as a result of how you handled his case. You're a true credit to your profession. Thanks again for all you did."
Baker Law Group assists clients with probate and trust litigation, ensuring a seamless and efficient process. Administering an estate or a trust is a significant responsibility; we understand it can be daunting. However, the process does not need to be complicated. Our priority is to preserve the assets of an estate or trust by finding the most straightforward and most economical method to meet your family’s needs. We also prioritize clear communication, ensuring you understand the legal process you are a part of. Our team takes the time to explain the purpose of each step and your options at every juncture, demystifying the legal complexities.
Our Probate attorneys bring over 15 years of experience assisting clients through probate and trust administrations. This extensive experience has equipped us to handle various matters, from simple uncontested proceedings to highly contested estates involving litigation over substantial assets. Regardless of where you are in the process, our goal is to assist you in moving your matter to completion efficiently and effectively.
We recognize that administering an estate or a trust can sometimes be overwhelming. Our approach is tailored to ease this burden, focusing on what we can do to make the experience as straightforward as possible for you. Beyond the legal aspects, we are committed to considering your broader needs. This commitment includes connecting you with trusted professionals across various fields and ensuring that every aspect of your situation is addressed with the utmost care and expertise.
Probate, Trust Litigation, and Trust Administration Services
- Establishment of decedent residency
- Advisement regarding the necessity of opening a probate estate
- Affidavits of collection for estates that do not meet the threshold for probate
- Guidance through the entire probate process, including:
- Application or petition for appointment as personal representative
- Filing of the will (if applicable)
- Determining intestate succession per statutory law
- Negotiation with creditors and defense against collection actions
- Common Law Spouse Litigation
- Will & Trust contests, Probate litigation
- Agreements among successors
- Disputes regarding estate distributions, including alleged common-law marriages
- Advisement regarding proper performance and documentation of estate asset collection and expense payments
- Communication with heirs and devisees
- Priority of distributions from the estate
- Closing of the estate
- Collections actions against an estate (including litigation if necessary)
- Collection and litigation actions on behalf of an estate
- Assistance and advisement regarding the trustee’s administration of a trust, including:
- Trust Registration
- Advisement on reporting requirements to beneficiaries and interested persons and assistance with such reporting or requests
- Trust accounting and inventories
- Transfer of designated assets into a trust
- Negotiation and/or litigation regarding disputes related to the trust
- Communication with trust beneficiaries
- Representation of non-personal representative interested persons and non-trustee trust beneficiaries regarding their interests in an estate or trust
- Ancillary filings for out-of-state probate cases where Colorado real estate must be transferred
- Preparation of personal representative’s deeds and supplemental affidavits
- Trustee Removal and Replacement
- Trustee Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trust Modification and Termination
- Interpretation of Trust Documents
- Creditor Claims Against the Trust
- Trust Investment and Management Disputes
- Trustee Compensation Issues
- Beneficiary Rights and Interests
- Disputes Among Beneficiaries
- Litigation Involving Trust-Related Entities
- Allegations of Fraud or Mismanagement